The 500-hour Yoga Lifestyle Practitioner and Teacher Training Program is open to anyone who wants to learn in depth the teachings of Yoga with the option to become a certified Yoga Teacher. The Program is designed to deliver authentic content of Traditional Yoga as well as modern practices and approaches to give students a comprehensive understanding of Yoga through a variety of courses. At Hawaii School of Yoga we respect every style of Yoga that raises human dignity and helps people connect with Divine Source. Our role is not to define your Yoga path but to help you refine yourself as a Yogi and deepen your personal practice.
The focus of this training to to immerse students in a Yogic Lifestyle with several courses and electives to choose from to create the Yoga practice that ultimately helps one become an authentic Yogi or Yoga Teacher.
The training is based on learning and mastering the 8 Limbs of Classical Yoga and understanding the Four Yogas of Bhakti, Karma, Jnana and Raja Yoga. The four paths are at the heart of Indian Spirituality but they belong to all of humanity, as they represent different approaches to the Divine through Devotion, Service, Wisdom, and Meditation. Candidates are expected to be able to teach the foundations of postures (asana), breathing exercises (pranayama) and meditation. In addition students will learn about the History and Philosophy of Yoga, Indian Culture, Hawaiian Culture and Spirituality, Tantra, Yogic Texts, Functional Anatomy, Ayurveda, Sanskrit, Mantras, Class Programming, and the Business of Yoga.
Timeline: The full 500 Hour Training can be completed within 3 years or less.
Complete a maximum of 500 Hours
- 200 Hour Ashtanga Yoga Teacher Training
- 200 Hour Hatha and Tantra Yoga Teacher Training
- 200 Hour Vinyasa Teacher Training
- 50 Hours Ashtanga Vinyasa Immersion: Mastering the Primary Series and Mysore Practice
- 300 Hour Advanced Yoga Lifestyle Practicioner
Select one or two of the Core Tracks above then add combine with the elective courses below to create your personalized 500 Hour Course.
- 80 Hours Yoga as Corrective Exercise Specialist Certification with NASM (National Academy of Sports Medicine)*
- 40 Yoga For Diabetes (coming in 2018)*
- 20 Hours Yoga Anatomy: What Physical Therapists Want You to Know
- 20 Hours Kundalini Yoga and the Psychology of the Chakras
- 20 Hours Meditation Course
- 20-100 Hours Mantra Yoga and Sound Healing
- 10 Hours Yoga Sutras In Depth Studies
- 18 Hours Bhagavadgita In Depth Studies
- 10 Hours Hatha Yoga Pradipika In Depth Studies
- 10 Hours Mastering Hands-on adjustments
- 10 Hours Advanced Vinyasa Sequencing
- Final Written Exam and Yoga Research Paper
- Teaching 15 hours minimum of Yoga Classes + 1 two hour Workshop
- Complete 1 Yoga Service Project
Please contact the School Director for enrollment and Certification Requirements at email@example.com or (808)738-6924