Hawaii School of Yoga is proud to be an Educational Partner with the National Academy of Sports Medicine, the global leader in Programs for Personal Training and Sports Performance Enhancement. We are the only school in Hawaii that offers a double certification for RYT-200’s looking to become RYT-500. Earn your advanced Yoga Training Certification and become a Certified Corrective Exercise Specialist!
The training can be completed on-line and the hours credited towards achieving an RYT-500 certification.
Participants will receive a Hard Copy of NASM’s Corrective Exercise Manual, video tutorials, an on-line version of the text book, exercise print-out’s and access to the course content for 1 calendar year from the course start date.
Don’t ignore bad movements. Fix them. With the NASM Corrective Exercise Specialization
With the NASM-CES Certification, you’ll:
Grow your career. Expand your expertise and take on more challenging clients who are experiencing musculoskeletal impairments throughout the body.
Learn proven methods. You’ll apply your expertise by combining assessment results with the easy-to-follow Corrective Exercise Continuum (CEx) to deliver maximum returns to your clients.
Do what you love. Help change people’s lives.
The NASM Corrective Exercise Specialization (CES) takes your Yoga Teaching skills to the next level! Gain the skills of a Personal Trainer and learn how to create customized programs that prevent and can help correct muscular imbalances.
Muscle imbalances lead to poor movement. Poor movement leads to injuries. As a Corrective Exercise Specialist, you could help prevent those injuries.
With the NASM-CES, you’ll learn the skills and knowledge to help clients at any fitness level address muscular imbalances and faulty movements. Advance your career and become an invaluable asset to your clients by getting an NASM Corrective Exercise Specialization.
As an NASM Corrective Exercise Specialist (CES) you’ll help clients and athletes prevent injuries, reduce movement deficiencies, improve muscle imbalances, and maximize results by creating safe, individualized training programs by identifying dysfunctions, developing a plan of action, and implementing corrective exercise solutions.
The CES Certification includes:
- Online Exam
- Study Guide
- Online Lectures
- 9 Video Demonstrations
- Interactive Quizzes & Case Studies
- Online Exercise Library with over 200 exercise demonstrations
- iPod Video, includes narrated animated presentations
- Online Practice Exam
- Goniometric Assessment Online Course
- Neuromuscular Stretching Online Course
- Live Workshops hosted by Hawaii School of Yoga
- NASM’s 6-week online practical application course – CES eTeach
CES candidates must have:
- Yoga Certification RYT-200 or Equivalent or
- A current NASM-CPT certification, or
- A current health and fitness certification accredited by NCCA, NBFE or DETC, or
- REPs Level 3 or higher credential (candidates outside of the US only), or
- 4-year collegiate degree or
- Be a current Licensed or Certified Massage Therapist